Around this time last year, my friend Shawn hosted a holiday cooking party. She invited over a group of friends for wine, appetizers and dinner. But before the big meal, she channeled her inner Giada and showed us all how quick and easy it was to prepare the super delicious, good for you meal. Ever since, this meal has graced my table at least twice a month. You can prepare and cook both the pork chops and the butternut squash at the same time.
Shawn’s Easiest Ever Pork Chops
– 1 Package Boneless Pork Chops, butterflied if preferred
– 1/2 Bottle Roasted Red Pepper Vinaigrette Dressing
– 1 Pacakage Goat Cheese, crumbled
– 1/4 Bag Trail Mix with Nuts, Seeds and Dried Fruit (I always use Trader Joe’s Oh My Omega Trek Mix)
Preheat oven to 350. Arrange pork chops in a baking dish and cover with dressing. Top with goat cheese and trail mix. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
Shawn’s Roasted Butternut Squash
– 1 Butternut Squash, cubed (I leave the peel on to add extra nutrients, but you could certainly peel it as well)
– Honey (a big drizzle should be enough)
– Cinnamon, to taste
– Nutmeg, to taste
– Cayenne, to taste
Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together and pour into a baking dish. Bake for 35-40, until tender.